If you’re familiar with me and Be Simply It, you know that I’m a fan of multidimensional self-care. Any wholesome self-care routine requires more than just a hot bath or a nice manicure now and again. You need to take care of yourself on multiple levels. Now, I admit that physical self-care is usually what comes to mind first (for me at least). But even within physical self-care, you have many layers of yourself to nourish.
So today, I wanted to share a simple, wholesome, nourishing recipe as part of your physical self-care. This buddha bowl is only 4 ingredients, easy to make ahead of time, and actually delicious! I had so much fun making and photographing this bowl, I had to make two and share with a friend.
Healthy eating doesn’t need to be a complete drab. And it definitely shouldn’t be a punishment. Use healthy eating as a way to nourish, care for, and love your body. I promise that it will return the favor to you!
- 3 cups kale, rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 medium sized avocado, sliced
- 1-2 eggs, cooked to preference
- In a small sauce pan, heat water
- Once water reaches a boil, add quinoa
- Bring to a boil again, then lower heat
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, fluff with a fork
- In a pot, gently steam the kale leaves for 5 minutes (or until leaves are vibrant with color, but not wilted)
- Combine kale, quinoa, avocado, and eggs
- Note: Cook quinoa with a bit of chicken stock for fuller flavor
Buddha Bowl Recipe Round-Up
Hope you enjoy these buddha bowls as much as I did!